The resources that occur naturally on earth are known as natural resources. We depend on these resources in our daily lives. The entire progress of a nation depends on the existence of natural resources.
There are two types of natural resources. They are exhaustible and inexhaustible. Examples of inexhaustible natural resources are water, sunlight, air, etc. Our existence is inevitable without these resources. They also do not get depleted under normal circumstances.
Some of the examples of exhaustible natural resources are petroleum, coal, natural gas, etc. These may get depleted if we do not utilize them properly. Like the inexhaustible, we also need these resources in our everyday lives.
Do we all take proper care of our natural resources? The answer is no. Even the inexhaustible natural resources are on the verge of exhaustion due to pollution and other environmental problems. We have to realize the importance of these natural resources before it is too late. In this article, we will see some of the important aspects of natural resources.
- We live in an industrialized world. All our household and industrial work happen with the help of these natural resources.
- The raw materials which are required to provide food and shelter all come from the various natural resources. If we do not have these resources, we would not have had any method to get all the materials which are required for the construction of the modern infrastructure.
- Our life becomes possible on the earth because of the inexhaustible natural resources. When these resources get depleted due to the environmental problems we are, in fact, hampering the possibility of the existence of our future generation on earth.
- The food we eat in our daily lives comes from the natural resources like plants, herbs, fish, etc.
- The raw material for the various kinds of weapon and tools comes from the natural resources. Without these tools, we will not be able to move ahead in our daily and professional lives.
- The fuel we use for all the automobiles come from the inexhaustible natural resources like petroleum, coal, etc.
- Nowadays, people use sunlight to generate electricity. Solar water heaters are also common nowadays. Using these types of resources will help to reduce the daily expenditure.
- The electricity we use in our daily lives comes from water, which is yet another natural resource. This type of electricity production is good for the environment because no hazardous by-products are produced during this process. The other types of processes can be harmful to the environment.
- The utilization of natural resources in place of the other artificial resources will help to cut down the daily expenditure. This will gradually help to enhance the economy of a country.
In short, the natural resources are very important for our existence as well as for the growth of the country. Maintaining these resources will help to open new opportunities which are essential for the economic development of a country.
As with the development, the pollution rate has also increased to a great extent. These pollutants are harmful to all the exhaustible and inexhaustible natural resources. The decrease in these natural resources will gradually make our planet unbearable for all living beings.
Also read: Importance of solar energy
Hence, along with all the other developments, we should also focus on the proper maintenance of these resources. With the help of these resources, we will be able to increase the efficiency of industries and the automobiles. By saving the excess expenditure, we will also be able to improve our standard of living. Life without these natural resources is indeed indispensable.