Why are the Flowers Important to Us?
Who doesn’t like flowers? Everybody will have at least one favorite flower in their life. We all have a lot of happy moments in our lives and we celebrate them through parties, and other events. But all the happy moments in our lives seem to be incomplete without the presence of the beautiful flowers.
The complete aura of a venue gets changed with the presence of the different types of flowers. We also have a list of flowers appropriate for the different types of occasions. For instance, the red rose represents love, yellow rose for friendship, white lilies for purity, and the orchids symbolize innocence, elegance, and beauty.
The role of the flowers is very vital in our life. No matter what the occasion is, a flower arrangement is essential to add the beauty of the entire setup. There are a wide variety of flowers which we use regularly as well as for decorations. Let us now discuss the importance of the flowers in our society and environment.
The Importance of Flowers
- Helps to uplift the mood of all the people – If a friend or lover of yours is angry with you, gifting a flower is the best way to save yourself from their wrath. You can use these flowers to express your feelings to your loved ones. When you gift a person with a flower, it helps to make the recipient feel special. Hence, this helps to strengthen your bond with the people you love.
- The best way to convey the human emotions – There is no better way to convey the human emotions other than with the help of flowers. Whether it is grief, happiness, love, or gratitude, the flowers can express them without losing its intensity.
- Make you feel relaxed and happy – The flowers have the power to relax and soothe the human minds during the stressful times of life. It helps to eliminate the negative vibes from the surrounding environment of a person.
- Helps in plant reproduction – The flowers help in the reproduction of plants. When the insects visit the flowers to consume the nectar, the pollen grain gets stuck in their body. These pollen grains, thus, get easily transported from the male stamens to female pistils.
- Enhances the beauty of a landscape – The presence of a flower garden often helps to add the scenic beauty of a landscape. It adds the color of a site, which otherwise would have exhibited a mediocre visual.
- For medicine – Not only to add the beauty of nature, the flowers also help to manufacture many medicines. There are many flowers which serve as effective laxatives and also help to fight the inflammation and water retention.
- For commercial purposes – Many flowers are used widely for commercial purpose. For instance, the different types of flowers are used to produce perfumes and decorative items.
- Provides food for the insects – A number of insects depend on the flowers for their food. Planting more flowers in the garden also helps to attract many beneficial insects such as ladybug and lacewings.
- Makes all the events memorable – When we decorate an event or a venue with the flowers, it becomes more memorable and resplendent. No event can be made extraordinarily beautiful without the help of flowers.
- A source food for the human beings – Like the insects, we too depend on the flowers to make some of the dishes. For e.g., flowers such as chamomile, rose, etc., are used to make teas.
There are a number of florist shops in the market today to help you decorate your events and make it memorable. With the advent of technology, people can even order the flowers via the internet. The role of flowers in the current world is so crucial, that there are many professional florists who help to arrange the flowers in the most elegant way.
The flowers are, hence, very important in our life. The insects like bees, which are on the verge of extinction today can survive only in the presence of flowers. Whether it is for the insects or the humans, the different types of flowers have different roles to perform. From the birth to the death of an individual, the flowers help in adding the value of each and every second of his life.
In short, flowers have an inevitable role in our lives and also in the environment. Thus, it is necessary to preserve each and every flowering plant to maintain the stability of the environment and to make our moments memorable.