Digital Learning for a Dynamic Generation
The tremendous growth of technology has resulted in the paradigm shift in the world economy. There is no sector in this world which has not been influenced by the technological development. The various educational institutions are also trying to replace the traditional methods of teachings with the help of technology. Nowadays, even the simplest of the jobs available, require people with the basic technological skills. Hence, to prepare the students for a better and bright future, it is important to make them technologically literate.
With the motto of ‘Access to information anytime, anywhere’, the digital education presents before you a promising future generation. Through the integration of the technology with the educational system, the percentage of participation of students in classrooms has increased to a greater extent. The current generation, having much affinity towards the technological innovations like iPad, tablets, laptops, etc., seem to be more compatible with the new educational system.
The Major Impacts of Technology on Education
- Easy to access – With the help of the internet, students can easily access the necessary study materials required for their assignments and projects. They can also collect the additional information about any subject or topic with the help of this technology.
- Motivation – Each and every student who is given access to the computers and internet, gets the opportunity to be well-versed about all the subjects. This boosts their confidence level and also motivates them to showcase their creativity before others without any fear.
- Increased Participation of Students – The blending of technology with the educational system has resulted in the increase in the number of participants. Earlier, in the traditional system, students were always hesitant to put forward their ideas due to their lack of proper knowledge about the feasibility of their ideas. But now, they can expand their knowledge with the help of the internet and hence prepare a firm background study on any of the topics assigned to them.
- More Interaction With the Teachers – With the amalgamation of technology and the various subjects, the teachers can enhance their roles as advisers, content experts, and coaches. This helps to improve the interaction between the teachers and the students.
- No Limitations – Students with the proper access to technology can learn anything and everything about their favorite subjects via the internet. There is no limitation to learn in this system compared to that in the traditional systems.
- Students Can Learn at their own Pace – In the traditional system of education, all the students were taught at an equal pace. This troubled those kids who had low grasping capacity compared to the others. But with the help of technology, students can learn at their own pace. They can have access to the study materials at any time of the day and attain a firm knowledge of the lessons.
Rural schools and teachers have also started using the self-learning teaching modules. The use of videos, references, and audios in regard to the specific subjects imparts better understanding and knowledge to the pupils. Uploading of assignments and reports online enhance the communication between students, parents, and teachers.
Many companies like Intel, Qualcomm, Datawind, Samsung, and Tata have started exploiting the developing digital education in India through various strategies. Intel, for instance, has extended hand for the digitalization in different parts of the world. They have created app-based learning and activity charts for the rural areas with the mission of creating digitally literate people all over the world.
Moreover, online learning / Live Virtual Classrooms creates better career opportunities for the young vivacious professionals. Even though the digitalization concept is finding its progress in the course of time, there are certain challenges hindering its smooth venture. Even though the ultimate users are the teachers and students, the school administrators being the purchasers, become the decision-makers. Thus creating an awareness across the nation regarding e-learning has become challenging. Also, the lack of provision for low-cost and reusable digital educational system is yet another critical issue being faced right now.
However, the coalition of technology with our traditional educational system promises a better future and standards. Contrary to all the current hindrances, students and teachers seem to have complete reliability over this fast, self-driven venture. The willingness of the educational institutions to embrace this change in their system is one of the major steps required to carve out a young vibrant generation. To be precise, a technologically illiterate person would have to face insuperable hurdles and challenges throughout his life.