Donating your blood is definitely an act of goodness. Many hospitals and clinics are in constant need of the blood for different purposes. That is why it is a decent idea to donate blood that can help other people. On an average, our body has around 4-5 liters of blood which can be donated every three months in the case of men and every four months in the case of women.
Most of the people are of the view that donating blood can be harmful to their body but this is not true. By giving your blood, you can save the lives of people who are in need of it.
How to donate blood?
The process of giving blood is quite simple. You can visit any of your nearest hospitals and donate your blood there. Your sample will be taken in a bottle and stored in the blood bank for further use. As and when required the blood will be used for the people who require it.
Benefits of donating blood
There is no denial to the fact that donating your blood is certainly a good thing. It is not only safe but offers a number of advantages given below.
1. You save lives of people – There are many people who are in urgent need of blood and by donating your blood you can easily give them a new life. This satisfaction is the biggest thing that you will ever experience. It gives you a feeling of proud that you are the reason behind someone’s life. So by giving your blood, you can certainly give life to people.
2. Refreshes your system – After you donate the blood, the cell count decreases due to which new cells regenerate. This is a healthy process which defines that a person is fit and fine. The entire body gets to freshen up and most of the health problems come to an end. So donating the blood can result in a much healthier body which increases your life span.
3. Adds to the blood quantity – Blood is not only required in case of accidents or injuries but sometimes a patient may need plasma or platelets as well. In this case, if sufficient amount of blood is available in the blood bank, the patient can be treated without any problem. Thus the people should give blood on a regular basis so that the people can receive the treatment at the right time.
4. Receive proper diagnosis – Before you are ready to donate blood, the hospital professionals will make the necessary diagnosis of the iron content, cholesterol, hemoglobin etc. Thus you are able to find out whether everything is normal or not. If everything is fine, the doctor will suggest you make the donation.
Hence you need not be afraid of donating the blood as it is painless and will take about an hour only. So whenever you have spare time you can visit the hospital and donate the blood. You will surely feel happy as people will shower their blessings on you for giving them blood and saving their life.
- importance of blood donation
- blood donation speech
- importance of blood donation speech
- blood donation essay
- speech on blood donation