The childhood days of almost every single human being will invariably have some memories colored by the formal uniforms that are usually worn to the schools. For some individuals, the uniforms persist almost till up to the level of high school whereas, for some, the uniforms often are abandoned at a lower level itself. Nowadays, several schools are eradicating the concept of school uniforms although there are various aspects related to the significance of school uniforms that still hold well even today. There are various reasons why school must have uniforms some of which are mentioned here under:
- From the very name itself, it can be found that there is uniformity in the matter and quite obviously, the school uniforms portray a uniformity of pattern to a particular school. It is like an identity of that particular school and the school can immediately be recognized by the specific color of the shirt, skirts, tie, blazers, etc., which are worn by the students every day to the school This is a very important aspect of wearing school uniforms that must never be overlooked no matter what. The student can be segregated as one of the wards of school with the help of uniform only.
- Uniforms in schools also instill a sense of pride and dignity in all the students starting from the lower classes to the higher classes. The students get a special recognition due to the school uniforms that make them feel confident and enable them to hold their heads high. They learn to respect the uniform of their school and also earn the responsibility of maintaining the reputation of the school intact with proper activities and discipline as well. This starts growing from the very childhood itself and enhances with age so that this characteristic trait remains throughout the lifetime to go on in the future too.
- Human beings are all social beings and there is no way that one can stay apart from one another as an island. Wearing school uniforms ensure that the students develop a sense of belonging to the school where they are studying. They feel that they are also a valuable part of the institution and their actions will define the name of the school too.
- Another very essential advantage of wearing school uniforms is that there is no possibility of peer pressure when it comes to the dresses at least. Every student will be wearing the same school uniform made from the same material irrespective of the income status of the student’s family. Hence, harmony and friendship between the students will be restored and facilitated.
- When all the children wear school uniform, then there are no chances of distraction and students can concentrate on the school work completely. Moreover, if a student by any chance gets lost somewhere, then the other common people can immediately bring back the student to the school by identifying the uniform he or she is wearing. So, in a way, it is an essential requirement for the children especially.
Also read: Importance Of Girl’s Education
Undoubtedly, school uniforms have a major role to play not only for the discipline and safety purposes but also for building up of the larger emotional senses in the children.